Tuesday, June 27, 2006

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than write for the public and have no self." -- Cyril Connolly

She was simultaneously thrilled and alarmed when she saw her typed words appear on the big screen.

This was scary. This was real. She would have to choose her words carefully.

What if someone out there actually READ her words?

But wasn’t that what she wanted?

I mean, if she only wrote for herself, then what was the point?

Except, to write anything worth reading, she would have to write for herself, wouldn’t she?

She knew what kinds of things she wanted to write about.

But dare she?

This wasn’t as black and white as she first thought. There was a huge gray area out there….

YES!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mac the Labradoodle said...

I found your blog by googling West Point and Rday. I write a blog about my life and my boys and ordinary days...which includes the past year and all the emotions involved with sending my firstborn to West Point. I loved your RDay account as it reminded me of ours...universal feelings felt by all.I struggle with finding an audience for my writing, yet am still compelled forward in the doing.When you have time and/or interest consider reading my blog at: hillcrestcottagelife.blogspot.com.And,I am adding you to my list of favorites. I like your writing. Keep it up!!!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home