Friday, November 27, 2009

Downtime

Goodness. I am not sure how to respond to that last post.

I guess I should just say: Thanks, Epsilon!

I'm not certain how that tale proves there is a tunnel running underneath the Ohio River, but I am assuming you have a few more tricks up your sleeve. So, will just be patient.

I hope you and your family enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving. I, too, did not have to cook this year and was quite relieved. My task was to bring a nice bottle of Riesling and some appetizers. Spent a quiet evening with my mom and some good family friends.

A cold front has indeed descended upon us; I even saw snowflakes flittering spastically through the air this afternoon!

Took a long walk in the cold to clear my mind. Now I feel like I was traipsing across the moors with Heathcliff and am trying to warm up with a mug of coffee. Although I see something a bit stronger in my future....

Am listening to Russian Nights, working on the computer, and generally just kind of hanging out. Not something I get to do very often!

Heard a segment on NPR the other night about the complete(newly translated)letters of Vincent Van Gogh(http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120846061). Incredibly fascinating stuff! I love the way he thought -- and wrote -- about poetry and music and art and spirituality and how they were all interconnected. Was considering getting his collected letters for my artist sister for Christmas until they said they were available in a six volume set containing 902 translated letters -- for only $600! But you can also access them online at vangoghletters.org, and I think that would make a fun way to spend some quiet time this long, blustery holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home