Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sibyl

Sometimes people slip.

Slip off.

Slip off track.

Slip off the wagon.

Slip off the face of the earth.

I am not sure what two twelve year olds would be doing, at night, running around the streets of Delphi, but my senses tell me they were not where they were supposed to be. That they were up to no good.

I’m not saying they were doing drugs or drinking or doing anything illegal.

I just know they weren’t… right somehow.

As if I am one to talk.

But whatever.

I’m not sure if I should mention this to Kaitlin. She’s been so stressed out lately. About money and Rad and her ex and just about everything in her life. This would probably just set her over the edge.

Maybe I should just keep an eye out for Rad and Boo. I mean, it just gets so confusing. When we were their age, we had complete run of the town. We could leave home at dawn and not come home til supper time and our parents were fine with that. In fact, I am sure they liked it that way.

Yeah, we did some shit we probably wouldn’t want our parents to know about. And I think that if I were a mom now I wouldn’t want my kids doing those things. But, hey, how are you going to learn and grow and mature if you don’t experiment and try shit?

Don’t get me wrong! I would never want anything bad to happen to either Rad or Boo. They are cool kids. I mean, as far as kids go.

At the same time, I don’t want to be the one ratting them out.

I don’t think, really, they would do anything really bad. Or dangerous. Or illegal.

I mean, not like their parents and I did! Of course, we were probably a little bit older, too.

I’m just not sure. I don’t want something bad to happen and then it end up being my fault. If only I had spoken up, talked to Kaitlin, let her know what I had seen the boys doing.

But what did I see them doing?

Running through an alley at ten o’clock at night? Woohoo. Now that is pretty damned bad.

Maybe it’s just that I have been in a funk lately. Out of sorts. Upset. Unhappy.

I shouldn’t take that out on two little kids.

I think I will give them the benefit of the doubt. This time around, anyway.

I just hope I’m right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home