Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time Warp

Criminy! I have not posted in some time.

I think I was sucked into a time warp black hole vortex. It was August 4th, then there was a huge slurping sound, and now it is August 30th.

Huh.

Funny how that works.

It has something to do with two teenagers returning home, resuming their busy, active lives, which include football and band and getting to and from football and band, never at the same time, and then starting school, which, thankfully this year, is in the same building. And Open House and Meet the Teachers and volunteering to help out with both football and band and attending football games and band half times. And laundering all of the clothes involved with all of these activities. And getting school supplies. And haircuts. And clothes. And shoes. And Fall term starting at work for me and all of a sudden having 160 freshmen, who all look alike and all have the same first names, to wow and motivate and inspire.

Whew!

I am a little bit pooped at the moment.

It is a Saturday night, and my kids are off with their dad for the weekend. I am seriously contemplating a long, hot bath and a good book. And sleeping in.

Or maybe just a bath and sleeping in.

Or sleeping in the bath.

Glug, glug, glug….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home