Friday, May 18, 2007

Lessons

Lesson #1 – Just because you think no one ever reads your blog, it isn’t necessarily so.

Lesson #2 – If you post something that makes you feel really vulnerable, SOMEONE will read it.

Lesson #3 – I haven’t figured that one out yet.


When I drove by the Dixmont/Wal-Mart site today on my way to work, I noticed that the grass had grown really, really long and that the exposed rock of the cliff/hillside is now sprayed a bluish-green.

Are they trying to grow grass on the bare rock?

Or is this some kind of preventive measure, some chemical spray that can supposedly ward off future landslides?

Is someone going to mow the straggly long grass? I think this because one of my pet peeves is grass not getting mowed by the people who say they are going to mow it but never do, so you end up doing it yourself.

What are they doing to that hillside anyway? Rock is not really supposed to be blue. I think this because it is true. Blue rock is not aesthetically pleasing. Surely, they cannot possibly imagine that grass – or anything! – will grow on this bare strata of rock.

Surely, there must be a reason the entire rockface has been sprayed this unnatural blue-green.

Or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home