Friday, February 09, 2007

Rad

My mom works at one of the flower places in town.

Boo calls it “Weeds,” but it’s actually called “Petals.”

(Which is pretty faggy, if you ask me.)

My mom majored in flowers in college. She never used her degree in real life, though, because my dad made all the money in our family.

I don’t much like to hang out at Petals.

It’s run by two fags. I mean, I’m not prejudiced against gay people or anything; I’m just stating a fact. Tony and Peter are OK guys and all, but I can’t stand all the drama. I mean, they argue about stupid shit, like what kinds of flowers to use and how many of this color and wouldn’t this other color look better? I mean, I’m like it’s just a bunch of f-ing flowers. Get real!

My mom likes her job a lot.

I think.

She doesn’t really make all that much, but my dad sends her LOTS of money.

He’s got a new wife and a new baby, Preston, who looks a lot like me when I was a baby. And he lives in Chicago, where he is very busy with his profession.

So, I don’t get to see him all that often. Every other Christmas and summers. Although he is really very busy during the summer, so I can only go visit him for part of the summer. And since my mom has me for the school year, he kind of gets screwed.

Otherwise, he would see me a lot more.

He visited me once on a business trip. That was cool. He picked me up from school in his rental car. We went out and got ice cream. Then he had to take me back home as he had a really important meeting he had to go to. He said I could have stayed with him in his hotel room downtown, but my mom said no.

It’s rough when your parents split up.

If my mom hadn’t been so selfish, they would still be together.

I know it.

My dad told me so.

Sometimes I wish I could live with my dad. I miss him a lot. It hurts my heart inside, but I try not to mention it to my mom. ‘Cuz that always makes her heart hurt inside.

I made her cry once, because I told her I wanted to go live with my dad instead of her. I was mad at her. Because she made me do something I didn’t want to do, like brush my teeth or take out the trash or something, I don’t really remember, but I was in the middle of playing Madden and I didn’t want to stop. I know my mom means well, but she is kind of naggy. My dad pretty much lets me do whatever I want. Only his new wife, her name is Cecily, doesn’t much like me. She says I am “hard to handle,” and she is not cut out to “babysit pre-teen delinquence.” Whatever.

I think she is a bitch.

My mom told me never to call Cecily that, that it was “inappropriate.”

I said, “But she is a bitch!”

“I don’t care,” my mom said. “It’s still inappropriate.”

Whatever.

Grownups are all weird if you ask me.

Being a grown up is pretty much wasted on grown ups.

That’s what Boo always says.

1 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

wow. I KNOW you are a grown woman, but you have the teen angst NAILED.

and it's heartbreaking, the way kids think.

also, I'd like to clobber your exhusband. I am just saying. he pisses me off.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home